- General information about IMDS’s processing of personal data
- The personal data we collect
- How do we collect your data
- How do we use your data
- Marketing preferences and cookies
- Links to other websites and third-party
- How do we share your data
- Your rights
- How to contact us
1. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT IMDS’S PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Data controller and contact information
The data controller is:
Indian Majlis In Danish Society (IMDS)
c/o Nayeemoddin Khaja
Esromgade 15, 3. 1317.
2200 København N
IMDS is the controller of the following homepage: www.imds.dk
Our commitment to you
We only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing of your purchase and delivery of our services
- Fulfillment of agreement based on your request
- Managing your relationship with us
- Keeping you update with the latest offers, products and trends, including the deployment of marketing and newsletter
- Provide you with a better shopping experience, including operations and optimization of our website
- Help us make our marketing more relevant to you and your interests
- Improving our services and optimize the general communication between your and us
- Fulfil our legal obligations
- B2B customer relationship
Your data protection is taken seriously & only necessary data is processed
Before collecting your personal data, we make a specific assessment of whether it is possible to limit the amount of personal data that must be collected and processed. In addition, we also make a detailed assessment of whether it is possible to process your personal data anonymously or pseudonymised. Our processing of your personal data will only include the data that is necessary to process in accordance with the stated purpose(s), as well as data that is necessary to fulfil legal or contractual obligations.
We also take an ongoing stance on how we best process your data, and in particular focus on ensuring that your fundamental rights are not adversely affected. Therefore, we have appropriate security measures in place to protect your data from the rice icon of discrimination, ID theft, loss of reputation and data confidentiality in general.
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection, no matter where your personal data is involved.
We require, that any third party contracted to process your personal data on our behalf, have security measures in place to protect your data and to process such data in accordance with the law.
In the event of an unfortunate breach of personal data we will notify you and any relevant regulator when legally obliged to do so.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data means any information about a person from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymized data, where the identity and identifying information have been removed.
While our site is designed for a general audience, we do not knowingly collect any data from children / young people under 18 years of age or sell products to children / young people. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to use our services or submit your data to the website.
The following groups of personal data are collected:
- Identifying data includes information such as: first name, surname, title, date of birth, employment (B2B customers) , personal description and gender.
- Contact details include information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, city, country, phone number, loyalty program membership number and social media ID (if you login using Social Media, or tag IMDS or repost our postings).
- Financial data includes information (through a secure connection) such as: payment card information and bank account.
- Transaction data includes information such as: details of your purchases and processing of your orders (such as order number, subtotal, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, price of a single item, category, tax , VAT , etc.) ; payments to and from you , and details of other products and goods you have received from us, correspondence or communication with you regarding your orders, and details of any discounts and bonuses granted.
- Technical data includes information such as: details of the device or devices you use to access our services, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, your username and password, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug -in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Profile data includes information such as; purchases or orders made by you, product interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- User data includes information such as: how and when you use our site, how you moved around what you were looking for; statistics on site performance, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data; loyalty program activities; and details of other IMDS products and products you use.
- Marketing and communication data include information such as: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
In some cases, we may collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregate data may be derived from your personal data, but is not considered personal data, as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
For example, we may collect your usage data to calculate the percentage of users who use a particular website feature.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- Direct interactions – you can provide us with your identity, contact information , financial and transaction details , profile information and marketing and communication data (as described above) by filling out forms, entering information online or by answering / contacting us by mail, phone, email or anything else. This includes personal data you provide, for example when you:
- Creates an account or buys services on our website
- When you log in to our website using your created account
- Subscribe to our newsletter, forums, social media pages or create Wishlist on our website.
- Participates in competitions
- Participates in external loyalty program that IMDS collaborates with.
- Completes a voluntary market research.
- Contact us with an inquiry or to report a problem with the product or the website (by phone, email, mail, social media or form on the website)
- Third parties – we may receive personal information about you from various third parties, including:
- Technical data from third parties, including analytics providers like Google. See further information in the section “Marketing preferences and cookies”.
- Technical data from associated networks through which you have access to our site
- Identification and contact data from social media platforms when tagging our website, re-posting a post or following IMDS
- Data contact-, financial and transaction data from technical, payment and delivery service providers.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data
We only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the way and the purpose for which we collected it.
We only collect personal data from you when:
- We have your consent to do so, or
- We need your personal data to execute an agreement with you. For example, to process a payment from you, execute your order or provide customer support in connection with an order, or
- The data processing is in our legitimate interests, and not infringed by your rights, or
- We have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data.
Use made of your personal data
Your personal data is used by IMDS to support a variety of activities. These are listed in the table below along with the types of data used and the legal bases we rely on when processing them. Here where appropriate, our legitimate interests. Please be aware that we may process your personal data on more than one legal basis, depending on the specific activity involved. Contact us if you need details on the specific legal basis on which we rely to process your personal data.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Legal basis for processing including foundation of legitimate interest|
|To create an account and register as a new customer (either directly or via Social Media||*Identity|
|*Execute an agreement with you, which may be in the form of trade|
|To process and deliver your order including; registration of your details, keep you informed about order status, process payments and refunds, collect money owed, and automated decision making to help prevent and detect fraud||*Identity|
|*Execute of an agreement with you, which may be in the form of trade|
*Necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g. collection of due sums)
*By automated decision making, we believe that fraud detection and prevention is in our legitimate interests to ensure that fraudulent transaction parties are not able to benefit from our services. In addition, in the legitimate interest of the public as a whole, due to the impact of fraud on the consumer market. We consider this a necessary element in entering into an agreement with you that we can verify your identity and prevent fraud / deception
|To manage our relationship with you, including: to provide you with all information, products and services that you request from us; notify you of changes to our services including terms and conditions or privacy; asks you to review or conduct a survey.||*Identity|
*Marketing & Communications
|*Execution of an agreement with you, which may be in the form of trade|
*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our information up to date, and to investigate how our customers use our products and online opportunities)
|To enable you to participate in a contest, event, survey or receive a reward for trading with us.||*Identity|
*Marketing & Communications
|*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to examine how customers use our products and online services, to develop them and expand our business)|
*Where you have decided to participate in a competition or an event /competition online or offline and for that purpose to accomplish an agreement with you
|To manage, protect and improve our business and our website, including: troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, data analysis, reporting and hosting of data; set default settings for you, such as language and currency.||*Identity|
*Marketing & Communications
|*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to run our business, administration and IT services associated with the company, and to detect and prevent fraud / deception)|
*Necessary to comply with legal obligations
|To provide relevant site content, online ads and information to you; and measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided.||*Identity|
*Marketing & Communications
|*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to examine how customers use our products and online services, in order to develop these and our business, to form about our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analysis to: improve our website, products, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences; and for market research, statistical and research purposes.||*Technical|
|*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define customer types for our products and online services, to keep our website up to date and relevant, as well as to develop our business and present our marketing strategy|
|To recommend products, discounts and offers for services that may be of interest to you, including to send you such information via email, mail or SMS.||*Identity|
*Marketing & Communications
|*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services and to develop / expand our business, or Permission|
*See further details in the section ’Marketing preferences and Cookies’
|To inform or remind you by e-mail of any task performed via our site that remains incomplete, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets.||*Identity|
|*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to improve our customers’ shopping experience)|
|To protect our customers and IMDS and website against fraud and theft||*Identity|
|*Necessary for our legitimate interests (to discover and prevent deception and theft)|
We use only your personal data for the purposes for which we collected them for, unless we consider that we must use them for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we want to use your personal data to an independent purpose and use data for a purpose not related to the original intention, we will notify you and explain the basis that allows us to do so. We may process personal data without your consent in accordance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
If you have questions about how IMDS uses any of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we store your data
We do not store your personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was provided, and to fulfil our legal obligations. Further details on the periods for which we store data are available on request.
If you wish to have your information deleted, this can be done by contacting us at email@example.com
5. MARKETING PREFERENCES AND COOKIES
Marketing – Your preferences
If you have given permission to it and accepted receiving, we may send you marketing communications and offers:
- Via e-mail, if you have signed up for e-mail newsletters;
- If you provided us with your details when you entered a contest and you have agreed to receive such marketing;
- If you have registered by creating a profile account at our website, or purchased services/products from us, or registered as a participant in a promotional activity – in all cases only if you have chosen to receive this marketing / communication opportunity;
The above points will always be in accordance with your preferences, which are explained below:
- We may use your identity, contact, technical, transaction, usage, profile data, and marketing and communications data to form an impression of what we think you may like or what will be of interest to you, and to send you information about products and offers that may be relevant to you.
- We ask you for your preferences in relation to receiving marketing communications via e- mail, SMS and other communication channels.
- From time to time, we may also include your order, insert promotional items, products, services or offers from other third-party companies that you could be interested in.
You will always have full control over your marketing preferences. If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us at any point:
- Unsubscribe or ‘opt-out’ by using the link included in the footer of any marketing email; or
- Account holders can withdraw their consent by simply logging in to My Account and editing your ‘Contact Settings’.
- You are of course also always welcome to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for opting out of marketing
We process all opt -out requests as quickly as possible, but please note that due to the nature of IT systems and servers, it may take a few days for any opt-out request to be implemented.
Some of the cookies we use are called “Analytical” cookies. They let us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the site when they use it. This helps us improve the way our site works, for example by ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for.
In addition, there are 3 types of cookies that we can make use of:
- Necessary cookies – These cookies enable services you have specifically requested. These cookies are important to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as access to secure areas. Without the use of these cookies, services such as shopping carts or invoicing cannot be used.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies remember choices you make, to improve your experience. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. They allow the site to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language, or the area you are in) and provide enhanced, more personalized features, such as greeting you by name. They can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of our site that you can customize. The information that these cookies collect may be anonymised and may not track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Tracking, targeting and advertising Cookies – These cookies collect information about your browsing patterns. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver ads that are more relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times you see an ad, and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are also used to track whether you have clicked through to our site from one of our cooperative sites so that we can manage our associate network.
You can set your browser to reject all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. If you disable or reject cookies, please be aware that some parts of our website may become inaccessible or not work properly
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THIRD- PARTY
Our site may contain links to and from the sites of whom we cooperate with, advertisers or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please be aware that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to their sites.
7. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may forward and share your personal data with the following parties:
- Business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the operation of our business for the purposes listed in the table above in the section ‘How do we use your data’, such as:
- Third party service providers that are committed to providing IT systems and software, and to host our site;
- Third party payment processing services to process your payment to us. IMDS does not store your payment information. Your payment information is provided to the payment processing service chosen and which complies with the necessary regulations;
- Third-party service providers that we are committed to delivering goods you have ordered;
- Third-party service providers that engage in sending emails and postal mails on our behalf, including in connection with incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications, to provide data cleaning services and to provide marketing and advertising services;
- Analytics and search engine providers that help us improve and optimize our site;
- Affiliated companies through which you access our site;
- To any third party from whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we can try to acquire other companies or merge with them. In the event of a change in our business, the new owners may use your personal data in the same manner as described in the privacy notice.
- In order to protect our customers, the company IMDS, and the website, against fraud and theft, we may share personal data necessary to carry out identity checks and personal data (including data relating to your age, name and location) together with account information with third party organizations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk mitigation. Please note that these third parties may keep a record of the information we provide to them for these purposes;
- We may share your personal data with companies that offer and provide fraud prevention control on our behalf. If personal data is provided, the company in question may also use that personal data to improve their service and machine learning to improve their automated processing.
- If we have a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have several rights under the Data Protection Law. This includes, under certain circumstances, the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request deletion of your personal data
- Request a restriction on the processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data
- Objection to the processing of your personal data
Brief description of each of these rights is described below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Request access to your personal data
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and certain information relating to our processing of your personal data.
Request correction of your personal data
You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your personal data at any time by logging in to your account and updating your details directly, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Request deletion of you personal data
This allows you to request that IMDS delete your personal data where there is no reason for us to continue processing it. Please note, that we may not always be able to accommodate your request for deletion for specific legal reasons. We will be notified if there are such instances at the time of your request.
Request a restriction on the processing of your personal data
You have the right to ask IMDS to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain scenarios. In example, if you want us to determine the accuracy of the data, or you have objected to our use of your data, were we need to check whether we have compelling legitimate reasons for using it. Where processing is limited, we are permitted to store sufficient information about you to ensure that the restriction is complied with in the future.
Objection to the processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we believe we have a legitimate interest in processing them (as explained above). You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you have any concerns or complaints about the way we process your data, please contact us directly at email@example.com
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Your feedback is always welcomed, and we will happily answer any questions you may have about your data
Send any questions, comments or requests for more information to pur email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMDS CVR-number: 40785515